Re: php can't resolve 8.3 paths to unicode filenames, is that expected ?

hi!

On Fri, Aug 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM, Lester Caine <lester@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> R. S. wrote:
>>
>> if you make files like:
>> testunicode-Ελλάδα or testunicode-Россия
>>
>> Then php can't get handle to these files with errors like:
>

> RS ... Just out of curiosity does the problem ranges of alphabets fall
> outside of the limited 'UTF16' range that M$ uses for 'wide strings'. I'm
> busy out at an exhibition this weekend so only have limited access to my
> database, but I do seem to recall that since wide strings are only 16 bit
> based, any character area going into the 24bit region (3 byte) is not
> supported.

PHP does not use the wild char APIs at all. So it is not related to
the wild change encoding/charset support.

The problem here is that for whatever reason (to figure out)
FindFirstFileW is used instead of FindFirstFileA when this kind of
path is given (I was only able to reproduce it with Russian). This is
definitively a bug in the CRT and I have to discuss that with my
colleagues from the vc team.

Cheers,
--
Pierre