Re: php can't resolve 8.3 paths to unicode filenames, is that expected ?

R. S. wrote:
if you make files like:
testunicode-Ελλάδα or testunicode-Россия

Then php can't get handle to these files with errors like:

RS ... Just out of curiosity does the problem ranges of alphabets fall outside of the limited 'UTF16' range that M$ uses for 'wide strings'. I'm busy out at an exhibition this weekend so only have limited access to my database, but I do seem to recall that since wide strings are only 16 bit based, any character area going into the 24bit region (3 byte) is not supported.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL