Re: Toggle keyboard layout + xkbd @ TDE R14.1.0

Hi Emanoil,

It is definitely a result from the patches, because as said before, it was
working all the time in 14.1. It stopped working or better the issue
appeared after installing the last version with the patches

Not necessarily, because you are using a different key combination (due to the fact that the latest changes made impossible for you to set your previous combination) and therefore this opens up a lot of possibilities for errors. It is quite possible that the problem was always there and it didn't happen with the previous key combination and so you never noticed that. That is why I asked all those questions.

Michele, I reported them ("setxkbmap -query" and "setxkbmap -print") already
in the previous posts.

I mean the output after reverting the changes. Again this is a test to see if the problem was already there or not.

To me it seems that for some reason the layout is being reset when
disconnecting and connecting the keyboard (after the last patches).

Yes, it looks like that.
So to collect more info, we need to compare the behavior with the same key combination (Alt_L+Shift_L) with and without the changes. Likewise it would be good to compare the behavor with CTRL_L+ALT_L+<right arrow> with and without the changes, if you can find a way to set that key combination from command line or using kbbswitch.

I may be proven wrong, but I suspect the problem was always there but simply you never ran into it due to the different key combination.

Cheers
  Michele