Re: Toggle keyboard layout + xkbd @ TDE R14.1.0

Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:

> 1) a TDE issue woth R14.1.0
> 2) a TDE issue that was always there but that you never experienced with
> Ctrl+Alt_L+right arrow 3) a system issue

It is definitely a result from the patches, because as said before, it was
working all the time in 14.1. It stopped working or better the issue
appeared after installing the last version with the patches

> You can try reverting the commits in
> https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdebase/pulls/304 and
> build the old version. Then do the same checks and see if you still get
> different key events before and after the switch. Also report the output
> of "setxkbmap -query" and "setxkbmap -print" before and after switching
> the keyboard. This should give you some idea of what to do next. Btw what
> key combination are you using now to switch? And how do you set it if that
> is not possible from kxkb?

Michele, I reported them ("setxkbmap -query" and "setxkbmap -print") already
in the previous posts.

As of how it was working. I configured the keyboard in TDE and changed the
key combination to CTRL_L+ALT_L+<right arrow>. This is what I was using in
the past 10y (at least). Now I switch with ALT_L+Shift_L.

To me it seems that for some reason the layout is being reset when
disconnecting and connecting the keyboard (after the last patches).
So after switching back I have to open the keyboard settings disable/enable
and press OK.

As mentioned before, I did not change anything anywhere related to keyboard
settings. I prefer using defaults as much as possible as it makes life
easier.