Re: Toggle keyboard layout + xkbd @ TDE R14.1.0

Hi Peter

after upgrading to R14.1.0 I miss the old way of switching between keyboard layouts with Ctrl+Alt+K.

It is something we unfortunately missed at first and we have already identified this to be a problem.
Slavek and I have been discussing the same problem, so we will see how we can put back a way to let the user choose a fully custom TDE shortcut (like Ctrl+Alt+K).

> Is there any way to revert back to the original keyboard shortcut for switching the keyboard layout?

For the time being, the best you could probably do is to have a small script to switch the keyboard layout and use an Input action tighten to Ctrl+Alt+K to run the script. You can use dcop to get the list of available layouts, the current layout and set a new layout, so it should be relatively straightforward to come up with something working

In addition, the keyboard model setting apparently stopped working, in my case "Dell Latitude
laptop" - some functions no longer work, e.g. Fn+F1 (for sleep) or Fn+F5 (for touchpad toggle) or
Fn+Arrows (for brightness level). Everything worked for over a decade before the upgrade.

Uhm.... there isn't any specific change that would make this stop working. The keyboard sends keycode and TDE use them. Maybe you are missing some package after the upgrade? Not sure about your distro, but look for example for something with kmilo in its name.

Cheers
  Michele