Re: Toggle keyboard layout + xkbd @ TDE R14.1.0

Hi Michele,

thank you for your response

> Hi Peter
>
> > after upgrading to R14.1.0 I miss the old way of switching between
> > keyboard layouts with Ctrl+Alt+K.
>
> It is something we unfortunately missed at first and we have already
> identified this to be a problem. Slavek and I have been discussing the same
> problem, so we will see how we can put back a way to let the user choose a
> fully custom TDE shortcut (like Ctrl+Alt+K).

It would be very nice step to revert back this functionality :-)

>  > Is there any way to revert back to the original keyboard shortcut for
>  > switching the keyboard layout?
>
> For the time being, the best you could probably do is to have a small
> script to switch the keyboard layout and use an Input action tighten to
> Ctrl+Alt+K to run the script. You can use dcop to get the list of available
> layouts, the current layout and set a new layout, so it should be
> relatively straightforward to come up with something working

Elegant solution. Thanks a lot.

> > In addition, the keyboard model setting apparently stopped working, in my
> > case "Dell Latitude laptop" - some functions no longer work, e.g. Fn+F1
> > (for sleep) or Fn+F5 (for touchpad toggle) or Fn+Arrows (for brightness
> > level). Everything worked for over a decade before the upgrade.
>
> Uhm.... there isn't any specific change that would make this stop working.
> The keyboard sends keycode and TDE use them. Maybe you are missing some
> package after the upgrade? Not sure about your distro, but look for example
> for something with kmilo in its name.

I have installed kmilo-trinity (4:14.1.0-0debian12.0.0+0~a).
It may be possible that the fault is probably somewhere else. I will look for a solution at the OS
level.

Many thanks for your response.
Have a nice day :-)