Re: Toggle keyboard layout + xkbd @ TDE R14.1.0

Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:

> Hi Emanoil,
> can you be more specific than just "stop working"? As far as I remember
> you are using a script to set a shortcut for layout switch. First thing I
> would do is to not run kxkb and see if the problem happens even without
> kxkb. If the problem does not happen without kxkb, then we will need to
> look into the code. It could be possible that when you open the dialog and
> play around and then press ok, kxkb overwrites the old options and
> therefore the whole things "stop working".

Hi Michele,
I wish I could be more specific, but for now it is just heads up, because it
appeared yesterday after I started the configuration and pressed OK. So for
now I do not know much more as of why.
As of how, I can say that I do not use scripts. I had to customize the
shortcut combination before from default CTR+ALT+k to CTRL+ALT+<right
arrow>, because the "k" combination was not working when switched to
Cyrillic keyboard.

I also never used kxkb consciously - I now see it is spawned by tdeinit
 S    16:24   0:00 kxkb [tdeinit]
I do not know if it was spawned before, but I definitely did not
logout/login since it started.

The problem is that since yesterday it stops switching the layouts now and
then, without any intervention from my side.
For example, I check mail or do something else i.e. browser or command line
stuff, I then switch to Signal (which I run with ksystraycmd) and I try
changing layout so that I can write in a another language, but it is not
working. When I click the icon with the mouse, the labels change, but the
key layout stays to what was before (en or de).
For example now it works every where, but what could I do to find out why it
stops working next time?

Uff, I am thinking of reverting back to before those patches, but it would
mean to rebuild a lot because it is in tdelibs.