Re: Toggle keyboard layout + xkbd @ TDE R14.1.0

On 2023/05/13 06:13 AM, deloptes via tde-users wrote:
The problem is that since yesterday it stops switching the layouts now and
then, without any intervention from my side.
For example, I check mail or do something else i.e. browser or command line
stuff, I then switch to Signal (which I run with ksystraycmd) and I try
changing layout so that I can write in a another language, but it is not
working. When I click the icon with the mouse, the labels change, but the
key layout stays to what was before (en or de).
For example now it works every where, but what could I do to find out why it
stops working next time?

Hi Emanoil,
thanks for the feedback. Actually what you described resembles a lot the experience I had with R14.0.x code, when sometimes the layout was not switching correctly using kxkb. With the new code in R14.1.0 I have not experienced that. I think the first step is to collect more info. When the problem shows up again, use setxkbmap to see what the current settings/options are. Try changing the language and use setxkbmap to check whether the changes took place or not.
Also double check the layout switching policy in TCC to see if you are doing changes globally or by app or by window.

Cheers
  Michele