Re: Toggle keyboard layout + xkbd @ TDE R14.1.0

Hi all,

for everyone who has the same problem with setting the display brightness with the nvidia driver (in
my case "390 legacy"), I found the following solution to "revive" the display brightness:

In "/etc/default/grub" add "acpi_backlight=vendor" and/or "nvidia.NVreg_EnableBacklightHandler=1" to
the variable GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet nvidia.NVreg_EnableBacklightHandler=1 acpi_backlight=vendor".

... and reboot. With this setting, controlling the display brightness using TDE and multimedia (or
Fn combination) keys should work (works for me).

Cheers
--
Petr Palacky