Re: Toggle keyboard layout + xkbd @ TDE R14.1.0

On Friday 12 of May 2023 09:58:30 Petr Palacký via tde-users wrote:
> Hi Michele,
>
> So everything is completely different in the end.
>
> I've done a bunch of tests and installs and the only problem is the
> Nvidia 390 legacy drivers. If I use the nouveau drivers on my existing
> installation, the brightness can be controlled without any problems, but
> when I use the official nvidia (390 legacy) drivers, the brightness
> cannot be controlled.
>
> So it's definitely not a TDE problem. It's a problem of nvidia drivers.
>
> I apologize for the confusion. I didn't think of this at all during the
> inquiry.
>
> Cheers
> --
> Petr Palacky
>
> Dne čt 11. května 2023 14:57:20 Michele Calgaro via tde-users napsal(a):
> > On 2023/05/11 08:59 PM, Petr Palacký wrote:
> > > tdepowersave is runnig and I am able to initiate sleep or suspend
> > > via context menu. But in settings I am not able to set automatic
> > > brightness - this section tell me that an automatic brightness is
> > > not supported.
> > >
> > > Command `dcop tdepowersave tdepowersaveIface do_brightnessDown 90`
> > > return "false". Command dcop tdepowersave tdepowersaveIface
> > > brightnessGet` return "-1".
> > >
> > > Other command seems look OK - eg:
> > > `dcop tdepowersave tdepowersaveIface do_suspendToRAM`
> > >
> > > S pozdravem
> >
> > Ok, this sounds like a regression.
> > Two things:
> >
> > 1) could you please create an issue report on TGW?
> > Use this repository for the issue:
> > https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdepowersave
> > Instructions here:
> > https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/TDE_Gitea_Workspace#To_report_bugs_and
> >_sugg est_enhancements We can then continue the discussion there, it's
> > a better place for this kind of things.
> >
> > 2) I will probably need some more info as I look into this. If I need
> > to test a patch, are you able to build tdepowersave eventually? If you
> > are not familiar with that, I will point you to a set of scripts that
> > will make building it relatively simple. All you will need is enough
> > disk space. This may be of big help to troubleshoot this issue.
> >
> > Cheers
> >    Michele

The brightness control is performed via sysfs - ie brightness device
in /sys/devices/. If the driver does not publish this standard method,
this is the cause of the problem.

The same way is also for suspend and hibernation, as well as the response
to the closing of the lid - everything goes through sysfs.

Cheers
--
Slávek