Re: Toggle keyboard layout + xkbd @ TDE R14.1.0

Thanks Petr,
I have added your suggestion to the Wiki Tips and Trick page

https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Tips_And_Tricks#Troubleshooting

Cheers
  Michele

On 2023/05/12 09:50 PM, Petr Palacký via tde-users wrote:
Hi all,

for everyone who has the same problem with setting the display brightness with the nvidia driver (in
my case "390 legacy"), I found the following solution to "revive" the display brightness:

In "/etc/default/grub" add "acpi_backlight=vendor" and/or "nvidia.NVreg_EnableBacklightHandler=1" to
the variable GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet nvidia.NVreg_EnableBacklightHandler=1 acpi_backlight=vendor".

... and reboot. With this setting, controlling the display brightness using TDE and multimedia (or
Fn combination) keys should work (works for me).

Cheers
--
Petr Palacky