Re: Toggle keyboard layout + xkbd @ TDE R14.1.0

On 2023/05/17 07:48 PM, deloptes via tde-users wrote:
Michele Calgaro via tde-users wrote:

Hi Emanoil,
thanks for the feedback. Actually what you described resembles a lot the
experience I had with R14.0.x code, when sometimes the layout was not
switching correctly using kxkb. With the new code in R14.1.0 I have not
experienced that. I think the first step is to collect more info. When the
problem shows up again, use setxkbmap to see what the current
settings/options are. Try changing the language and use setxkbmap to check
whether the changes took place or not. Also double check the layout
switching policy in TCC to see if you are doing changes globally or by app
or by window.

Hi Michele,
I think I now know why it is happening. I have a USB KVM Switch and use it
to operate another PC. Whenever I switch back to TDE the keyboard is not
working - tested few times and it is reproducible.
What next?

Hi Emanoil,
do you get the same events (using xev) before and after the KVM switch? That is, is TDE receiving the correct key events in both cases or not? Based on the answer let's see what to do next.
And do "setxkbmap -query" and "setxkbmap -print" give the same output before and after the switch?

Also, was it working fine with R14.0.13?
Cheers
  Michele