Re: Toggle keyboard layout + xkbd @ TDE R14.1.0

I do not think so - when not working it is Meta_L+Shift_L and when working
it is Alt_L+Shift_L + some ISO_Next_Group

That is, is TDE receiving the correct key events in both cases or not?
Based on the answer let's see what to do next. And do "setxkbmap -query"
and "setxkbmap -print" give the same output before and after the switch?

no - see below

I always used 14.1 and yes it was working with CTRL+ALT_L+right_arrow (or
+k) until the last fixes. You probably remember that I compile all the
packages, so if you have an idea what is the root cause and need someone to
test. Let me know. I am not knowledgable of the source. I could look into
the patches and see what changed, but I remember you had many discussions
and iterations.

thank you in advance

Hi Emanoil,
clearly something is happening when you switch and switch back with the KVM switch.
The question is whether this is:
1) a TDE issue woth R14.1.0
2) a TDE issue that was always there but that you never experienced with Ctrl+Alt_L+right arrow
3) a system issue

You can try reverting the commits in https://mirror.git.trinitydesktop.org/gitea/TDE/tdebase/pulls/304 and build the old version. Then do the same checks and see if you still get different key events before and after the switch. Also report the output of "setxkbmap -query" and "setxkbmap -print" before and after switching the keyboard. This should give you some idea of what to do next.
Btw what key combination are you using now to switch? And how do you set it if that is not possible from kxkb?

Cheers
  Michele