Re: Bluetooth Headphone Microphone [SOLVED]

On 1/23/21 7:40 PM, Edward wrote:

Bus 003 Device 002: ID 0a5c:21e8 Broadcom Corp. BCM20702A0 Bluetooth 4.0

This is the USB dongle that I have, bought this particular one from
Amazon as the description said it works with Linux and technically, it
does.

After installing the TDE packages over Debian, I lost the Plymouth
bootsplash and get rows of messages before the login screen appears. One
of the lines mentions that it can't find the firmware for this device.
I'm guessing at this point, that there is something included with PCLOS
that makes this device work properly, which Debian apparently doesn't
include, however there is a package 'bluez-firmware', its description
indicates it's required for operation of Bluetooth dongles based on the
Broadcom BCM203x chipset. But there is a GitHub project page with DEB
and RPM firmware packages for the 20702, so I'll give it a try.

That firmware package solved the problem with the Inland headphones. It
will switch between the two profiles and its mic now works through
Bluetooth with the HSP/HFP profile.

https://github.com/winterheart/broadcom-bt-firmware

Although with the Creative headphones, I now get no audio whatsoever
with them, using either profile.

So...ones mileage may vary.

--
Linux. A Continual Learning Experience.