Re: Unable to send or save draft of message with specific content

>>> SquirrelMail 1.4.6
>>> PHP 4.3.11
>>> UWIMAPD (IMAP4rev1 2003.339p-cpanel)
>>> Apache 1.3.34
>>> CentOS 4.3
>>> Our webserver runs as nobody.
>>>

>>> I am unable to send or save a specific message. I'm trying to reply to
>>> message from this list, that was posted by Chris Hilts (as a reply to
>>> my
>>> original query). Chris's reply was on Friday, June 16, with Subject
>>> line:
>>> "Re:  Change username of mail account, or move mail to new
>>> account"
>>>
>>> It's the weirdest thing. I've been trying to reply to Chris's message,
>>> including the quoted stuff, but I can't. Everytime I try to send the
>>> message or to save it as a draft, I get the following error page:
>>>
>>> Forbidden
>>> You don't have permission to access /~domain/src/compose.php on this
>>> server.
>>>
>>> Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
>>> an
>>> ErrorDocument to handle the request.

>>> Apache/1.3.36 Server at secure32.dnsvelocity.com Port 443
>>>

>>> I've tried various tests, and it seems that it's the content of the
>>> message that is the barrier. Even if I compose a brand new message, if
>>> paste the quoted stuff from the message and my new reply, I'm unable to
>>> send or save the message but instead receive that error.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Check source of compose window. Compare it with email message that
>> works.
>
> The compose window is always the same. The only difference is the content
> text that I put in the message composition field.
>
>> If you think that error is triggered by message text,
>
> It seems to be so. It's the variable that causes the failure. I can e-mail
> to the same recipients and with the same subject line, but without that
> text content, and it works. Anytime I paste that text content, which
> includes quoting Chris' message to the list, the 'send' or 'save draft'
> fails.
>
>> create empty html form and try posting email text in it.
>
> Do you mean create a form-to-mail form on a web page on the same server?

---test.html---
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd";>
<form action="test.html" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data">
<textarea name="body" rows="14" cols="76"></textarea>
<input type="submit" name="send" value="Send">
</form>
----

If it works - test script with .php extension.

If it still works - add hidden input fields from compose form that does
not work.

>> If you have some form filtering software on your server, make sure that
>> it is working correctly.
>
> Not that I'm aware of, but I'll check.
>
> Thanks. Any further thoughts are appreciated.

Find compose form part that triggers error. Make sure that you can
reproduce it without gpg, html_mail or any other plugin that uses compose
form hooks.

--
Tomas