Re: Unable to send or save draft of message with specific content

Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
>> SquirrelMail 1.4.6
>> PHP 4.3.11
>> UWIMAPD (IMAP4rev1 2003.339p-cpanel)
>> Apache 1.3.34
>> CentOS 4.3
>> Our webserver runs as nobody.
>>

>> I am unable to send or save a specific message. I'm trying to reply to a
>> message from this list, that was posted by Chris Hilts (as a reply to my
>> original query). Chris's reply was on Friday, June 16, with Subject
>> line:
>> "Re:  Change username of mail account, or move mail to new
>> account"
>>
>> It's the weirdest thing. I've been trying to reply to Chris's message,
>> including the quoted stuff, but I can't. Everytime I try to send the
>> message or to save it as a draft, I get the following error page:
>>
>> Forbidden
>> You don't have permission to access /~domain/src/compose.php on this
>> server.
>>
>> Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use
>> an
>> ErrorDocument to handle the request.

>> Apache/1.3.36 Server at secure32.dnsvelocity.com Port 443
>>

>> I've tried various tests, and it seems that it's the content of the
>> message that is the barrier. Even if I compose a brand new message, if I
>> paste the quoted stuff from the message and my new reply, I'm unable to
>> send or save the message but instead receive that error.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>
> Check source of compose window. Compare it with email message that works.

The compose window is always the same. The only difference is the content
text that I put in the message composition field.

> If you think that error is triggered by message text,

It seems to be so. It's the variable that causes the failure. I can e-mail
to the same recipients and with the same subject line, but without that
text content, and it works. Anytime I paste that text content, which
includes quoting Chris' message to the list, the 'send' or 'save draft'
fails.

> create empty html form and try posting email text in it.

Do you mean create a form-to-mail form on a web page on the same server?

> If you have some form filtering software on your server, make sure that it
> is working correctly.

Not that I'm aware of, but I'll check.

Thanks. Any further thoughts are appreciated.