Unable to send or save draft of message with specific content

SquirrelMail 1.4.6
PHP 4.3.11
UWIMAPD (IMAP4rev1 2003.339p-cpanel)
Apache 1.3.34
CentOS 4.3
Our webserver runs as nobody.

I am unable to send or save a specific message. I'm trying to reply to a
message from this list, that was posted by Chris Hilts (as a reply to my
original query). Chris's reply was on Friday, June 16, with Subject line:
"Re:  Change username of mail account, or move mail to new
account"

It's the weirdest thing. I've been trying to reply to Chris's message,
including the quoted stuff, but I can't. Everytime I try to send the
message or to save it as a draft, I get the following error page:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~domain/src/compose.php on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an
ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.36 Server at secure32.dnsvelocity.com Port 443

I've tried various tests, and it seems that it's the content of the
message that is the barrier. Even if I compose a brand new message, if I
paste the quoted stuff from the message and my new reply, I'm unable to
send or save the message but instead receive that error.

Any ideas?