Re: can't get vlogin plugin to use username as default From address

> Howdy...
>
> I'm tweaking a new installation so that I can get it ready for my users to
> come over from an old sendmail server.  I host multiple domains and people
> are used to logging in to OpenWebMail with their email address and
> password
> and getting custom settings.  My RHEL4 box came with squirrelmail RPMs, so
> decided to go with it.  :)  We're looking at SquirrelMail 1.4.6 along with
> postfix 2.1.5, dovecot 0.99.11 for IMAP, php 4.3.9, apache 2.0.52.  I've
> installed vacation_local 2.0, compatibility 2.0, and vlogin 3.8.0 with
> multilogin 2.3.2 (which I've determined I don't need, since it's all on
> one
> IMAP server).  The compatibility plugin seemed to break my SELinux stuff,
> so
> I've done a "setenforce 0" for now.
>
> Goal: get multiple (say, 30) domains hosted using one URL for access (SSL,
> one certificate), one IMAP server, have the users enter their email
> addresses to login, and have the users be able to send mail and have it
> look
> like it's coming from their own domain.  The actual host domain (call it
> hostname.com) shouldn't appear anywhere but the URL.
>
> This is what's happening: I login with user myemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and
> get in and can see my email.  I compose an email and send it and instead
> of
> coming from that address, I see a From address of myusername@xxxxxxxxxxxx,
> which is my actual login on the box.
>
> I know I can go into Options and Personal Information and set my From
> address there, but I don't want to have to do that for every user across
> 30 domains.  What am I missing?

I don't understand why do you need vlogin plugin for that.

SquirrelMail is hosted under one URL, vlogin is designed to work with
multiple URLs.

If users don't have email address set in user prefs, username is used in
From: header. If username looks like email address, address in From:
header is not suffixed with default domain.

If you use SquirrelMail with vlogin plugin under one URL and want to
provide custom settings for domain accounts, you should take a look at
vlogin user level configuration options.

--
Tomas