I must thank in particular Kevin Conder and Jeremy Nicoll who spared me a lot of tears, bruises and a fractured skull.... not to mention a broken computer screen!

Well done!
Mark

On 12/12/2016 20:02, Jeremy Nicoll - ml sox users wrote:
On 2016-12-12 18:35, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
I ran the script. It seems to have merged the files in the subfolders
but not those in the main folder!
I don't think you described files being in a main folder.  Your example
showed
that they were in eg

   \Basson16L\relnnnnn\
& \Basson16R\relnnnnn\

The existing script, given the path and a sample name like "Basson16"
finds and
merges files in subfolders of Basson16L and Basson16R.

That's what I expected it to need to do, and what Kevin expected it to
need to do.
If you wanted it to do something else as well, you'd have needed to
explain that
more clearly.

But more to the point, if you do have sample files in a main folder as
well as sub-
folders, it's hard to understand why.  Do they not also correspond to a
particular
stop?  Even if they don't, and they had to be a separate collection, I'd
have put
them in a dummy subfolder of their own, eg

   \~mainfilesL\relnnnnn\
& \~mainfilesR\relnnnnn\

simply because that would have kept the file structure the same for all
of them,
& thus kept the scripts simple.  That "~mainfilesL" has a "~" at the
start so it
would appear at the start of an alphabetically-sorted list of folders.

Avast logo