Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Hi. I hope I can explain.

Loops are markers that allow appropriate software to keep sounding a note (recorded sample) played digitally on a MIDI keyboard for as long as the note is held down even though the recorded sample may be of only a few seconds' duration.

The release marker is placed in the point where the note is released in the actual recorded sample and where the sounds starts to fade away. The software needs to know that moment especially if there are multiple releases available for that note that would represent "staccato", "portato" and longer held notes. This exercise renders more realism when recorded samples are played from a "sampleset" loaded in software like jOrgan, GrandOrgue and Hauptwerk.

Picture (42kB): https://mega.nz/#!dQIwkDKI!QlrmlYHywFqpG9ujJfJLBm_1skxaYz88AJJJy4Euxs0

In the example demonstated there is no release marker as the "tail" of the waveform was removed and saved as a separate file. So the end of a loops would be the release marker in such instances.

Clearly from this picture loops and markers were not retained in the merger using sox though the exercise was purely a simple exercise without any frills of extra codes.

Regards

Mark