http://jorgan.999862.n4.nabble.com/jOrgan-User-f999863.html

Regards

Mark

On 08/12/2016 13:28, Jeremy Nicoll - ml sox users wrote:
On 2016-12-08 11:00, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
I sent an email with a picture.... again it is being held for
moderation..... :-(
Many mail lists don't accept any attachments of any sort to the mails.

The way a mail list works is whatever you send to the machine that runs
the
list gets sent out to every subscriber - which on some lists will be
tens of
thousands of people.  Subscribers generally don't want to see what are
often
huge files (and might contain malware).

Instead, if you want us to see a picture, upload it to some picture
hosting
website, and include that picture's URL in your mail.  Then anyone who
wants
to look at it will go and fetch it, but the rest of us won't have to
waste
bandwidth getting it even when we didn't want it.

Likewise, don't try to send audio files with your posts...

Avast logo