Re: merging mono files

On 2016-12-07 22:27, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
> jOrgan and GrandOrgue fora (both on sourceforge too) work differently.

Do you mean, "differently from this mail list"?   They would do, as this
is
a mail list not a forum.

Apart from the way of merging two mono files into a stereo file, you
also said
originally:

>>> I hope that loops and markers (cues) are not erased in the process!!!

I think you need to explain what you mean by that. I would expect audio
files
processed by sox to contain just audio data; I don't understand how one
could
contain loop or marker information, and therefore I also don't
understand how
you could possibly expect sox to conserve such information.

Are all your audio files prepared in exactly the same way?

Are they all of exactly the same length, or failing that, are each of
the pairs
you want to merge all of the same length?

Are each pair also at the same sampling rate, bit depth and volume, or
will
differences in those respects need to be solved first?

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own