Re: merging mono files

jOrgan and GrandOrgue fora (both on sourceforge too) work differently.

Regards
Mark

On 07/12/2016 22:07, Peter P. wrote:
* Dr. Mark Bugeja MD <marcusfb@xxxxxxxxx> [2016-12-07 20:54]:
Hi guys,
Hi Dr. Mark

I cannot interact directly on the mailing list for some reason and had to
post my question via email.
This is how mailing lists work. You post your question by mail, others
read it and respond via mail (which is what I am doing).

I have just installed SoX and upon running it I only get a back window
appearing momentarily and then vanishes. Consider me a complete noob and
treat me with some patience.
SoX is a program that you run in a comman line window. Depending on the
operating system you are on you have to open a terminal window
(sometimes called shell) and type commands in there. SoX is one of the
commands you type.
An ixquick.com internet search gave the following webpage as third
result: https://github.com/JoFrhwld/FAVE/wiki/Sox-on-Windows
This, combined with the following instructions how to open that terminal
window (aka shell aka command prompt)
http://www.howtogeek.com/235101/10-ways-to-open-the-command-prompt-in-windows-10/
should get you going. Try to combine two mono files to one stereo file
as a first example. You might have to get into some shell scripting.
Feel free to report back to this list if basic sox operation is still
not working after you read both sites.

cheers, P

I need to combine several mono wav samples to corresponding stereo files. I
am running Windows 10 not linux. The files are in folder and named as as
follows:

Basson16L
....rel00150
........036-C
........037-C#
........038-D
........etc
....rel00600
........036-C
........037-C#
........038-D
........etc
....rel99999
........036-C
........037-C#
........038-D
........etc
036-C
037-C#
038-D
etc

Basson16R
....rel00150
........036-C
........037-C#
........038-D
........etc
....rel00600
........036-C
........037-C#
........038-D
........etc
....rel99999
........036-C
........037-C#
........038-D
........etc
036-C
037-C#
038-D
etc

Each subfolder has similarly names files as shown.

I need to merge corresponding lefts and rights to output as new stereo files
in new folders bearing the original name of the instrument (organ stop in
this case) and subfolders and I want to ensure the appropriate files are
merged together. Identical names exist in the subfolders that bear the
release/ tail of a wave profile because each must correspond to the
corresponding main file when eventually played in the appropriate software.
Those of you who may have processed sound files for jOrgan, GrandOrgue or
Hauptwerk know what I am talking about.

How do I get to use SoX for this exercise. Total files I need to process run
into 2000+ mono files x 2 to get 2000+ stereo files. That's a lot to process
manually!!!

I hope that loops and markers (cues) are not erased in the process!!!

Regards
Mark
(marcusfb(at)gmail.com)

---