Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

On Dec 08 14:36:54, marcusfb@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Loops are markers that allow appropriate software to keep sounding a note
> (recorded sample) played digitally on a MIDI keyboard for as long as the
> note is held down even though the recorded sample may be of only a few
> seconds' duration.
>
> The release marker is placed in the point where the note is released in the
> actual recorded sample and where the sounds starts to fade away. The
> software needs to know that moment especially if there are multiple releases
> available for that note that would represent "staccato", "portato" and
> longer held notes. This exercise renders more realism when recorded samples
> are played from a "sampleset" loaded in software like jOrgan, GrandOrgue and
> Hauptwerk.

This would be a perfect beginning of your original post.
Now I understand why you need to preserve them: you are building
and actual sample library to be used with MIDI. Indeed, attack
and sustain and release and decay are indisposable.

> Picture (42kB):
> https://mega.nz/#!dQIwkDKI!QlrmlYHywFqpG9ujJfJLBm_1skxaYz88AJJJy4Euxs0

An error occurred while loading MEGA.
Filename: :0
Exception: out of memory
Please try again later. We apologize for the inconvenience

> In the example demonstated there is no release marker as the "tail" of the
> waveform was removed and saved as a separate file. So the end of a loops
> would be the release marker in such instances.
>
> Clearly from this picture loops and markers were not retained in the merger
> using sox though the exercise was purely a simple exercise without any
> frills of extra codes.

I don't have the picture, but I thnik I can picture it.
How is a piece of audio software (a clickwty editor)
expected to display a waveform with cue points such as release?
Especially if there is more than one possible release point?

Can you please post some of the original files (that do have
the markers) so that we make actually look at them?

	Jan