Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

Well not all. Many files are "releases" and these would play at the end of the corresponding main file (the moment a MIDI keyboard key is released). That amounts to 75% of the files. So loops will need to be created and checked for only 25% of those approx 500 files and they can be processed literally over a few minutes with LoopAuditioneer including pitch information insertion. Checking the loops will take a few days. But I've been doing this regularly for thousands of files often having an average of 6 loops per sample! It is tiring and might cause damage to the ears with time, sadly.

Merging is the big job. I'd be happy if I can automate this process. If you cannot solve it because you are not versed with Windows, how am I expected to sort that out when I don't even come close to understanding the "logic" behind your string of characters and why it should be different in Windows? I think I can safely state that I would be far more confident performing a heart transplant than to play around with this code business. :-D Consider me dylexic for coding!

Regards,

Mark