Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

On 2016-12-12 11:31, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
> Does the file need to be placed anywhere in particular eg in the
> folder where the files to be processed are kept. I think not.

It doesn't matter where you keep the script.

> When I open the cmd promt window, do I need to configure a path before
> executing the script?

No; execute the command as

C:\> cscript.exe "C:\wherever\you\put\it\combine.vbs"

After you've run it once, then edited the script to make it point at
another set
of samples, you don't need to retype the whole cscript.exe ...
command, provided
you still have the command window open on screen.

Just press up arrow and the system will bring the old command back (if
you press up
several times it will bring back successively older commands).  Once a
previous
command is visible again, either just press Enter to run it again
unaltered, or
(though in this case you have no need to) use the left & right arrow
keys, and insert,
backspace and Del as required, to change the details in the command,
then press Enter
to run that altered command.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own