Re: Fwd: Re: merging mono files

On 2016-12-12 18:15, Dr. Mark Bugeja MD wrote:
> At the end of the day I only need the merged files. By what I
> suggested, I though I could go one step further of automating the lot
> with a single click since, as you say, subfolders are processed too.
> So I reckoned that creating a structure of folders and subfolders like
> this, the entire lot could be processed without having to go back to
> the script and change the name each time.

That would require a somewhat more complicated script, because you'd be
expecting the thing to work through a list of sample names, then for
each
of them do what the current script does.

Yes, someone could change the script to do that, but the more logic
that's
put in a script the more there is to go wrong.

> I hope to get the most out of the script and should I have reasons to
> process other files similary, all I would have to do is keep the
> structure the same irrespective of the different names that other
> samplesets would carry.

You should make an effort to understand how the present script works,
then.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own