Spam in Red Hat lists?

On Mon, May 05, 2003 08:33:24 at 08:33:24AM -0400, Steven W. Orr (steveo@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:

> I reject mail in my sendmail server based on a number of criteria. One is
> that I reject all mail that is sent to me in a foreign character set.
> Chinese, Russian, Korean, etc. The other is that I reject a bunch of spam
> that is voluntarily tagged as such using the X-Mailer header set to

[list snipped]
> or the header X-Spam-Warning.
>
> Why am I telling you this? Because the mail that I get from Red Hat lists
> routinely contains this stuff. I really have to question the quality of
> the guy (again) who admins the mail at Red Hat.

I don't understand. Do you mean that you find spam in your Red Hat email
folders? That spam is sent to you from apparent addresses which also
post in Red Hat lists? Or what?

I get a lot of spam too, but never in the shrike folder (so far, of
course), which I filter like this in procmail:

:0:
* ^Sender: shrike-list-admin@xxxxxxxxxx
IN/shrike

without caring at all for the X-Mailer, and *before* doing spam
processing

	 Ciao,
		Marco Fioretti
--
Marco Fioretti                 m.fioretti, at the server inwind.it

Computers are useless. They can only give you answers. -- Pablo
Picasso