Re: RBL blocking of rogers.com valid user e-mail addresses?

On Yesterday, quoth Rodolfo J. Paiz:

=>At 12:56 5/4/2003 +1000, you wrote:
=>
=>>On Sun, 4 May 2003, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
=>>
=>To sum up:
=>
=>         1. Your point is that your measures work well in reducing spam. I
=>agree, and your customers agree.
=>
=>         2. My point is that no amount of spam reduction is worth the
=>possibility of missing that single $1,000,000 email.
=>
=>This second point leads me to conclude that, IN MY OPINION, your measures
=>are too drastic and not worth implementing. Too much cost and too little
=>benefit. My customers agree.
=>
=>I know you don't agree. Fine. I'm just trying to show you that yes, two
=>different points of view _CAN_ exist on this issue. You are not "right" nor
=>is it possible to be "right", and I am not telling you that you are "wrong"
=>in any way either. We just think differently, and (surprise!) that's OK.

I'd just like to add one more item to this discussion.

I reject mail in my sendmail server based on a number of criteria. One is
that I reject all mail that is sent to me in a foreign character set.
Chinese, Russian, Korean, etc. The other is that I reject a bunch of spam
that is voluntarily tagged as such using the X-Mailer header set to

Direct Email
Emailer Platinum
Sent with E-Mail Magnet
Group Mail
EMailing List Pro
diffondi
Mail Bomber
Dynamic Opt-In Emailer
MaxBulk Mailer
FletMail
MailWorkZ
GoldMine

or the header X-Spam-Warning.

Why am I telling you this? Because the mail that I get from Red Hat lists
routinely contains this stuff. I really have to question the quality of
the guy (again) who admins the mail at Red Hat.

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ
steveo at syslang.net