Re: RBL blocking of rogers.com valid user e-mail addresses?

On Friday 25 April 2003 12:03, Res wrote:
> > Postmasters) find an acceptable way of reducing spam without killing so
> > many broadband users.
>
> We do, you have hit last resport status.

There is a direct correlation between a percentage of successfully blocked
spam and a percentage of legitimate mail that didn't get through.

Now let's be honest about it - how much time does it take you to implement
those lovely anti-UCE measures? And every time you implement a new one, don't
you notice that a more clever spammer still finds a way around it? So there
goes a new round of configuration changes - until next time... It's an
endless battle.

No offense but, a postmaster who decides to block a whole range of IP
addresses because one or two spammers in that range spam your mail server is
a lousy sysadmin (if I were your boss, you'd be gone by now). Unless of
course your mail server exists for other purposes than business.

Ladislav