Re: RBL blocking of rogers.com valid user e-mail addresses?

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, Dan Genn wrote:

> mail addresses by Redhat's RBL and MX1.redhat.com? I have never had this
> problem in the past and this affects my ability to participate in lists and
> support. If Redhat is blocking a whole range of IP addresses or the domain
> and punishing a huge user base with Rogers.com for the sake of a small group
> of spammers; this is not the way to go. Please someone from Redhat (The

BS, I have no hesitation in taking out entire domains, and do! aol for
instance, yahoo for another example.

This however is usually a VERY LAST resort because the ISP in question
ignores and/or refuses to take action over its spammers/abusers, so I'd
start by whingeing to YOUR ISP for THEIR inaction which is what most
likely brought about the 550.

> Postmasters) find an acceptable way of reducing spam without killing so many
> broadband users.

We do, you have hit last resport status.

I do not speak for RedHat, however I'm sure I speak on behalf of many
postmasters.

--
-Res
(a postmaster)

lns01-wick-bne> ipfirewall addb reject all from aol.com to 0