On 11:53am, quoth Dirk Dettmering:

=>Every ISP should provide a SMTP Relay for its customers. period. Every
=>Customer should use that SMTP Relay. period. Using RBLs to reject
=>mails from dialup ip addresses is a good practice, well done and
=>should be done as often as possible. period.
=>
=>The cyber world doesn't consists of just idealists anymore. There are
=>to many bad guys out there in the wild (and bad girls as well of
=>course! *g*) doing bad things and therefor something has to be done.
=>Using DUL RBLs can help a lot and in fact they have cut down the spam
=>on my mail servers bye a huge amount. The best thing of RBLs is that
=>they allow you to reject the mail before it is completely delivered
=>which helps avoiding traffic and also give the spammers the feed back
=>they deserve.

Man, do I ever disagree with you on this. Besides the fact that I really
hate absolute statements, I can go along with windoze people being
required to use their ISP's but I use my sendmail server expressly so that
this problem does not come up. I run a carefully selected set of RBLs and
I also run SpamAssassin. My address is not on a modem; it's on a cable
modem. It remains up 24/7 and the address is valid for about a year. You
want to RBL modem addresses that's fine with me, but blocking cable modem
addresses is just wrong.

Can this please be fixed?

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ
steveo at syslang.net