On Monday 21 April 2003 20:55, Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx uttered:
> I chose this route a while back since my ISP doesn't offer static IP
> addresses to individual users.  You have to sign up as a "business" and
> pay a higher price.
>
> When Red Hat, and others, started doing this sort of thing I had to resort
> to using an SMTP relay service.  The cost of that + easyDNS was still
> cheaper than signing up as a business.
>
> Personally, these RBL's suck big time.  They have *not* reduced the amount
> of spam I get.  But they force me to spend more money in some way or
> another.  I've been toying with the idea of starting a "Stamp out RBL"
> movement.

Bummer, because the RBLs I use on my mail server cut down my spam by about
80%.  I kid you not, overnight the amount of spam to my inbox dropped by
about 20 messages a day to about 3.

I have yet to miss an email that was important either.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net

Was I helpful?  Let others know: