On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Jesse Keating wrote:

> > Do others here understand what I'm saying?
>
> Whoops, re-read the message.  My bad.
>
> Question still stands though, does your ISP allow for the use of mailservers
> on in the DHCP range?  I personally see this as only an inconvience to those
> that were already breaking AUPs.

Yes, my ISP allows this.  I am on a PPP connection and get a dynamic IP
address.  I subscribe to easyDNS and when my IP address changes my system
updates it.

I chose this route a while back since my ISP doesn't offer static IP
addresses to individual users.  You have to sign up as a "business" and
pay a higher price.

When Red Hat, and others, started doing this sort of thing I had to resort
to using an SMTP relay service.  The cost of that + easyDNS was still
cheaper than signing up as a business.

Personally, these RBL's suck big time.  They have *not* reduced the amount
of spam I get.  But they force me to spend more money in some way or
another.  I've been toying with the idea of starting a "Stamp out RBL"
movement.

Ed

--
http://webcams.greshko.com/  Do you know this man, Peter Boeni?