On Monday 21 April 2003 18:45, Steven W. Orr uttered:
> Mail to Red Hat lists are being bounced because of the reasons listed
> below. The spam content on these lists has been good in the past and I
> object to my mail being bounced now. One of my main reasons for using
> Linux in the first place is so that I can send and receive mail using my
> own sendmail server. If this message gets through it's only because I am
> bypassing my mail server to use my ISP's server via the mailertable file
> in sendmail. Clearly, Red Hat is using one of the many overzealous RBLs
> which block on dialup address ranges. I'm not a dialup: I'm on a cable
> modem and I've been doing this for years. I tried using an RBL that
> blocked on dialups and I can tell you that I dropped it because it's just
> too restrictive.
>
> Can this RBL either be dropped or this issue escalated to a higher level?
> I really think this is wrong. I use my ISP for bandwidth and nameservice
> resolution, and *nothing* else.
>
> Do others here understand what I'm saying?

Whoops, re-read the message.  My bad.

Question still stands though, does your ISP allow for the use of mailservers
on in the DHCP range?  I personally see this as only an inconvience to those
that were already breaking AUPs.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net