On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Jesse Keating wrote:

> > Personally, these RBL's suck big time.  They have *not* reduced the amount
> > of spam I get.  But they force me to spend more money in some way or
> > another.  I've been toying with the idea of starting a "Stamp out RBL"
> > movement.
>
> Bummer, because the RBLs I use on my mail server cut down my spam by about
> 80%.  I kid you not, overnight the amount of spam to my inbox dropped by
> about 20 messages a day to about 3.

Well, *if* you can use RBLs and *if* the use of RBLs by others doesn't
prevent you from sending legitimate email then they *may* be OK.  But, as
I've said, unless I pay more I'm stuck being a target of RBLs.

A "solution" that costs more than I am willing to pay is no solution.

> I have yet to miss an email that was important either.

Right, I said I paid to an SMTP Relay service.  ;-) ;-)

Ed

--
http://webcams.greshko.com/  Do you know this man, Peter Boeni?
http://www.shorewall.net/  for all your firewall needs