On Monday 21 April 2003 10:25 pm, Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
> > > Personally, these RBL's suck big time.  They have *not* reduced
the amount
> > > of spam I get.  But they force me to spend more money in some
way or
> > > another.  I've been toying with the idea of starting a "Stamp
out RBL"
> > > movement.
> >
> > Bummer, because the RBLs I use on my mail server cut down my spam
by about
> > 80%.  I kid you not, overnight the amount of spam to my inbox
dropped by
> > about 20 messages a day to about 3.
>
> Well, *if* you can use RBLs and *if* the use of RBLs by others
doesn't
> prevent you from sending legitimate email then they *may* be OK.
But, as
> I've said, unless I pay more I'm stuck being a target of RBLs.
>
> A "solution" that costs more than I am willing to pay is no
solution.

I checked the address for greshko.com at http://openrbl.org/ and you
only seem to be listed in XBL which is a extreme list that blocks
most of the Internet.  If Redhat was using that list most of their
email would be dropped.  Are you sure you are being dropped because
of an RBL?

> > I have yet to miss an email that was important either.
>
> Right, I said I paid to an SMTP Relay service.  ;-) ;-)
>
> Ed
>

> --
> http://webcams.greshko.com/  Do you know this man, Peter Boeni?
> http://www.shorewall.net/  for all your firewall needs
>

> --

Stephen Carville http://www.heronforge.net/~stephen/gnupgkey.txt
You have the right to remain helpless. Should you give up this right,
anything you do will be used against you in a court of law. You have
the right to an assailant. If you cannot find one yourself, the court
will release one for you.