Re: Red Hat Professional Workstation

On Wed, 2003-10-29 at 11:53, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> As things keep changing I can't be up-to-date on every renaming
> process.

No, I understand.  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing
something.

I've just got off the phone with Red Hat Sales.  Ok, in case it wasn't
already archived (and it probably was), here we go... from the horse's
mouth...

When you pay for any RHEL product, you're paying for ONE YEAR of RHN.
There are two primary offerings in RHN, "update" and "management".
Update is the basic RHN functionality... errata downloads, basic system
management, etc.  The Management option includes advanced management
functionalities, allowing you to patch per groups, etc.

Nevertheless, you can always patch your servers via SRPMS available from
the FTP servers.  w00t.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting