Re: Red Hat Professional Workstation

On 29 Oct 2003 12:01:27 -0500, Jason Dixon wrote:

> I've just got off the phone with Red Hat Sales.  Ok, in case it wasn't
> already archived (and it probably was), here we go... from the horse's
> mouth...
>
> When you pay for any RHEL product, you're paying for ONE YEAR of RHN.
> There are two primary offerings in RHN, "update" and "management".
> Update is the basic RHN functionality... errata downloads, basic system
> management, etc.  The Management option includes advanced management
> functionalities, allowing you to patch per groups, etc.
>
> Nevertheless, you can always patch your servers via SRPMS available from
> the FTP servers.  w00t.

We're clearly not talking about the same thing.

This thread is titled "Red Hat Professional Workstation". That product,
just like RHEL AS/ES/WS, includes one year of RHN. The interesting thing
is the upgrade/update option after one year, e.g. rebate upon renewal of
RHPW subscription or upon upgrade to WS. Jeremy Hogan, Manager of
Community Relations at Red Hat, writes that currently it's 50% off upon
upgrade to RHEL WS.

I've went through all messages in this thread once more and fail to see
where your "RHEL one-time costs" and things like that come from.