Re: Re: php framework vs just php?

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 9:30 AM, Jay Blanchard <jblanchard@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> This is not the only real measure of a good framework, it is just one of
> many. I wrote a tool a long time ago that does the table/form/query bit
> in well under 5 minutes with several permutations. A good framework is
> measured by ease of use and solving of common problems.

i agree with you here but i would add that there are tradeoffs in any
design.  for example, the great strength of code igniter is its simplicity;
that is also its great weakness.  its so simple; i and any newb could start
cranking out pages in no time.  but... alas, as i started to use ci for a
project i uncovered many limitations.  i consider it something only suitable
for smaller applications after using it for just one project.  as such, i
suspect there are more complicated frameworks, whereby pages take more time
to create initially, but have a smaller number of limitations.

-nathan