Re: Re: php framework vs just php?

> >    I had never heard this before.  Silly me.... I thought the "real
> > measure of a good framework" was how much of the monotony of coding
> > was removed, how many problems solved, et cetera.
> >
> >    So I guess the BASh script I just whipped up a few seconds ago
> > could be classified as a good framework.  Since it's less than 40
> > lines, and doesn't require me to write any PHP, HTML, or SQL, I meet
> > the requirements.
>
> Unless you are creating a PHP component which uses HTML forms to allow the
> user to communicate with a relational database then no, it does not qualify.
>
> --
> Tony Marston

Wow, are you this full of yourself all the time, or just on the list?  I mean, come on...

I don't use a framework and never will classify what I do as a framework, though based off any one of a design book or framework book or some buzz-word lingo spouting tard what I do write and how I write could definitely fit in it's niche.

But then, this debate comes up about once a month because people don't know how to RTFA of this list.

And I don't know about you, but I've written a BASH script to work with my PHP script to work with an API to deal with relational and flat files and mail interfaces that takes me 1 line of code to use and 5 seconds to type, before my morning Mt. Dew.  *shrug*

And if it takes you 5 minutes to write that stuff with your framework, you're slow and need to work on your framework to be usable in a timely manner.

Frameworks are all about making things easier on the coder to get things done in an efficient manner, no matter how you slice it, nor what it actually interacts with.  They can be BASH or Perl or HereDoc or DocuFormat or PHP or C# or WYSIWYG.

But if you really want to debate this, save the bandwidth and RTFA.

Wolf