RE: Re: php framework vs just php?

My 2 cents.  I've found that people who buy into using frameworks think that
it will establish order in the code, and improve the chances of a successful
implimentation, and it sort of delivers on these two things most of the
time.  It never occurs to them that it also adds a level of complexity to
your apps code (no free lunch here).  Until you learn the ins and outs of
the framework, much of your debugging time is spent fixing problems between
your code and the framework, and sometimes between the framework and other
things.

IMO, the biggest factor in producing disorderly code is chasing evolving
requirements, with and without a framework.  Changing design requirements
several times in a project will do that.  Using a framework is not the
guarantee you may be looking for (it could be, but it usually isn't).

Warren Vail