RE: Re: php framework vs just php?

[snip]
> If you don't use a framework then obviously you are writing nothing
but
> mickey mouse programs, and wouldn't stand a chance when it comes to
> writing a proper application.
>......If you think you can achieve the same
> level of productivity WITHOUT a framework then you are living in cloud
>\cuckoo land.
>\[/snip]
>
> Tony is obviously joking here folks.

No I'm not.
[/snip]

My mistake, you must be trolling. I forgot that you were better than all
of the other PHP developers combined +1 says the President of Cuckoo
Land. (I attempted to defend you so that your tone would not be
offensive to others...oh well)

You're right to a point, developers of large scale applications in PHP
will likely re-use code and thereby develop even a small framework but a
framework is not required to create robust, scalable, large scale
applications in PHP. Certainly there will be a much higher
time/management factor involved but there are several non-mickey mouse
proper programs written in PHP that used no framework what-so-ever.

Different strokes for different folks.

Is there a value to a framework? Of course there is. Are there cons?
Every framework comes with its own set of gotcha's too. What framework
should you use? There are so many that it would be hard to know...it
depends on the size and the scope of the work to be done.