RE: What's wrong the __autoload()?

Sorry dude, RoR is still an academic toy. And not the most successful one, since
I've heard people talking like you back in 2005. Ruby on Rails is not new and
has not proved anything yet.

It's an arrogant language, so much arrogant that its community pretend it can
fix the world. Back in 2005 I was very enthusiastic and thought it could have a
future, but after confirming what other poster said "the RoR community is
insane", I didn't give a f... anymore.

I believe it will become some piece of *enterprise-class* piece of dust in the
best of scenarios. In the meantime, the web moves towards PHP more and more. And
if they need a fat cat... they don't use RoR, just the "Tom Cat".

Look at it this way, in 2001 M$ released the .Net Framework. It's been 7 YEARS
since PHP is STILL the leader and will be so for many more years. And .Net has
the "glorious" Visual Studio IDE, compiled code, built-in caching, and
idiot-proof tools, and has the BIGGEST software company behind. Do you think
that the work of "a man" can do much more than that? Specially, a man that has
the arrogance of a big Co.?

"In March 2007 David Heinemeier Hansson filed three Rails related trademark
applications to the USPTO. These applications regard the phrase "RUBY ON RAILS",
the word "RAILS" and the official Rails logo. As a consequence, in the summer of
2007 Hansson denied to Apress the permission to use the Rails logo on the cover
of a new Rails book written by some authoritative community members. The episode
gave rise to a polite protest in the Rails community. In response to this
criticism, Hansson made the following claims:
<quote>
I only grant promotional use [of the Rails logo] for products I'm directly
involved with. Such as books that I've been part of the development process for
or conferences where I have a say in the execution. I would most definitely seek
to enforce all the trademarks of Rails
</quote>

Sorry, even if it was the ONE AND ONLY programming language... I will dismiss it
until it becomes a "business need", as I don't even trust its creator. PHP is
easy to deal with, it's free... and IT GETS THE JOB DONE. You mentioned
something about projects done on RoR you can share... why don't you show us your
PHP work instead? Maybe you like RoR more because you suck at PHP.

Regards,

Rob