Re: What's wrong the __autoload()?

On 3/13/08, Robert Cummings <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sooooo... there we have it everyone... Greg has admitted that Ruby is as smart as a cat.

Hahaha..  yeah, you really got me on that one.

/me slaps his knee.

>  I like something a little more edgy personally. Something closer to human... something
> with personality, something that evolves, something not afraid to be itself. PHP fits
> the bill.

PHP is anything but itself.  Before it was actually written in C it
was first written in Perl.  And although it may be written in C and
may look like C and Perl right now, it's clearly evolving into
something very similar to Java.  PHP has a long, long history with
identity crisis, ongoing even today.

Meanwhile Ruby was written as a full-on OO language from the start.
The OO layer didn't get "strapped on" at version 3 like with PHP.  OO
was the main idea from the very start with Ruby.  As a result Ruby's
OO model makes PHP's OO model look like a steaming pile of shit out in
the pasture.  Hell, Perl's OO even makes PHP's OO look bad
syntax-wise.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/