Re: What's wrong the __autoload()?

Are you talking about Ruby-On-Rails, which is a framework, or about Ruby?

Well, to point out my view, I have to admit that PHP is not really good
written. In some functions the needle is the first argument, second the
haystack and vise-versa in other functions.

And talk about OOP with PHP, well, it is -working- but not as like as you know
from Java. In Java I can create a type-hinted hash-map in one line, by the
type-hint is an interface. Very nice and small code. :)

Ruby might also be able to do this. In PHP I have to write a class which does
this for me.

Well, what I want to say is that you cannot compare PHP with wether RoR nor
Java. RoR is a framework, PHP is not. Java is 99.99% pure OO, PHP is not.

Hope that gives you an idea. :)

And btw: Hello. I'm new to this list. ;-)

Roland

--
Weblog:
http://blog.mxchange.org