Re: What's wrong the __autoload()?

On 3/12/08, Ray Hauge <ray.hauge.lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> You
>  come to a PHP mailing list to proclaim that RoR is better?

No dumbass, I have already been here for a long time:

http://marc.info/?l=php-general&m=95331489301933&w=2

And I didn't proclaim anything, Rob did:

<snip>
But then you'd end up with something like Ruby on Rails... and we all
know about Ruby on Rails *VOMIT*.
</snip>

> It's people like you that turn a lot of people off to Ruby.

I choose to use a language for a while before forming an opinion.  I
certainly wouldn't let someone's opinion sway my own inquisitive
nature to have a go at it myself.

>  The community is insane!

No more insane than 10 years ago when a great many of us realized we
didn't have to use Perl any more to do web dev.  I clearly remember
hearing things said like "Now we have PHP and it's much better and
much easier than Perl".  I see similar happenings with Ruby and Rails
right now.  It's that same ease of use that now makes PHP feel like a
beast to work with.

>  This was a great read.  If nothing else he's funny.
>
>  http://terrychay.com/blog/article/php-ruby-evil-good.shtml

Looks pretty stupid to me.. what does a dog humping a cat have to do
with anything in technology?  Please keep your animal pr0n to
yourself.

--
Greg Donald
http://destiney.com/