Re: What's wrong the __autoload()?

Andrés Robinet wrote:
why don't you show us your
PHP work instead? Maybe you like RoR more because you suck at PHP.

Regards,

Rob

Hi, can somebody please point out something to me? Did I miss something? Is there some initiation needed on this list which I've missed?

How come it is acceptable for grown up (you DO have pubic hair don't you?), mature and decent people to call names and try to convince each other of having a bigger, better whatever than the other etc.?

Is that PHP-list culture? Is it something to get used to? Is it the core of senior PHP-developers or what?

So, explain it to me, what is it that I could have missed? Is it somewhere in the archives? Is it explained on some FAQ page? Does it take some potions by full moon on a 3rd friday in may to get into this state?

It is OK do discuss a subject, to get overheated by passion, ignorance, irritation, misunderstanding or a mix of all of them. But isn't calling names and comparing bodyparts (and what not) something for kinder garten?

I'm not here to preach, I'm here to learn. So initiate me, tell me what is so important that we keep putting energy into convincing somebody that he's an idiot, a dumbass, an elite RoR fetishist etc. Does it give you a good feeling? Can I try? Should I try? Is it worth it? Will I become as enlightened as some of you are?

I don't want to miss out on this great experience, if it is worth it. It must be something amazing, really. If that makes the PHP community as great as it has become, I want to join and put some effort in this marvelous activity.

Aschwin Wesselius