Re: What's wrong the __autoload()?

On Thursday 13 March 2008 22:39:51 Aschwin Wesselius wrote:
> Andrés Robinet wrote:
> > why don't you show us your
> > PHP work instead? Maybe you like RoR more because you suck at PHP.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Rob
>
> Hi, can somebody please point out something to me? Did I miss something?
> Is there some initiation needed on this list which I've missed?

Definetly, you need to express your ego, and be thick skinnned.

> How come it is acceptable for grown up (you DO have pubic hair don't
> you?),
don't use obscenities, this just look stupid on your part when someone google
the list. Maby for your name?

> mature and decent people to call names and try to convince each
> other of having a bigger, better whatever than the other etc.?

It's called discussion, you both walk og talk your stuff, so do others and if
smart enought, someone may learn something from it.

> Is that PHP-list culture? Is it something to get used to? Is it the core
> of senior PHP-developers or what?

It's people with opinions, strong ones to at times.

> So, explain it to me, what is it that I could have missed? Is it
> somewhere in the archives? Is it explained on some FAQ page? Does it
> take some potions by full moon on a 3rd friday in may to get into this
> state?

You got different kinds of people here, like me, just doing this for a hobby,
I can take some new age weird nerdy talk of nonecense.
However, there are those who do this for a living (not just php, but web
design or lamp og wamp (how is that for a acronyme =D?)), they don't take
lightly on having a serious discussion with someone who just f* around
telling halftruths.

> It is OK do discuss a subject, to get overheated by passion, ignorance,
> irritation, misunderstanding or a mix of all of them. But isn't calling
> names and comparing bodyparts (and what not) something for kinder garten?

Everybody has those, has to do with experience, and the respect for those who
know what they talk about (that would be those who do this for a living)

> I'm not here to preach, I'm here to learn. So initiate me, tell me what
> is so important that we keep putting energy into convincing somebody
> that he's an idiot, a dumbass, an elite RoR fetishist etc. Does it give
> you a good feeling? Can I try? Should I try? Is it worth it? Will I
> become as enlightened as some of you are?

Discuss that on a civil dunno, some cafe bar hangaround chat page... If you on
the other hand got some problem with your php code, some questions for what
you are looking for (i.e. what set of commands is capable of doing...) you've
come to the right page.

> I don't want to miss out on this great experience, if it is worth it. It
> must be something amazing, really. If that makes the PHP community as
> great as it has become, I want to join and put some effort in this
> marvelous activity.

noones hindering you, just keep in mind that much of these ppl do this for a
living and time/money/effort/payoff vs the hobbyist thinkering and thoughts
is often two completly different mindsets

at least, THAT is what I read from the list these last couple of years.

> Aschwin Wesselius

ps. stop whining. If offended, lay low till something new comes to mind or you
find some more interesting topic to join in on.
--
---
Børge Holen