Re: OSX in a non-apple?

Chris wrote

Much the same can be said for Microsoft, when they upgrade the operating
system you generally need a new computer and to upgrade all the software.

hehe, but try the opposite - buy brand spanking new hardware and install an older OS on it, I can do that with all the Windows/BeOS/Linux/other OS versions I have, I'm not awre that older apple OS's work on new hardware paricularly well

Which allows me to use a perfectly good OS that I paid for aaages back on screamingly fast hardware, often working faster than newer OS's because of the cleaner code. the only reason to need a new OS is for the newer software versions of applications - many of which are semi-crippled with DRM, spyware or rootkit viuses - and yes, that's the Big Name companies, where you need buckets of CPU speed and RAM to overcome their failures.

Photography is an expensive hobby and falling into debt made me sell all my
photographic camera equipment except for my compact pocket digital which I
carry around with me. The big digital was not used much as I had to use it
with the car as it was too heavy to carry around and I also had to sell the
car to clear the hp debt.

I am now a sad old man almost housebound and without my lifelong companion
of my mother, who is in a care home and Edit left me to go home as I could
not afford to support her. She was ill and needed to be with her own people
in Hungary where she is also almost homeless as the people she lives with do
not want her. I think she will soon settle down with a Hungarian young man,
hopefully much younger than my 68 years.

Friendless, car less and camera less....

slip into the local StVincents and grab a P&S Konica Tomato for around a pound Chris, stick a 50p roll of film in it and go snap a pic of Er Ighness slipping on a nana skin then you'll have all the cars, friends and cameras you want